News Archive

2006

2001

1991

1990

http://www.nudistresort.com.au/nudist-resort-articles/2006/4/3/nudist-too-close-to-naked-flame/

Nudist Too Close To Naked Flame

Illawarra Mercury

Monday April 3, 2006

A NAKED man suffered burns to one-fifth of his body when he tried to set fire to a spider at a nudist resort in the Southern Highlands.

The 56-year-old Sydney man tried to kill what he thought was a funnel web spider by pouring petrol down the spider's burrow and igniting it with a match. The fuel exploded and the man was left with burns to his upper leg and buttocks.

The incident happened shortly before 1.30pm yesterday at the resort, west of Bowral.

Resort staff treated the man before paramedics arrived to stabilise him.

The man was flown by helicopter to Sydney's Concord Hospital, where he was in a stable condition on arrival.

The man's lack of clothing probably contributed to the extent of his burns, Careflight said.

© 2006 Illawarra Mercury

Back to News Index | Back to Home

System maintenance in progress.
Some features are disabled during this process and will be enabled again later.